The arrival of NBN will see the retirement of Telstra copper services, and the changes will impact many businesses.
Typically, copper services (including internet and phone lines) are decommissioned 18 months after the installation of NBN. Many carriers are already proactively moving customers from copper to fibre due to the large scale of the changes, and it is highly advisable that all businesses switch their services well before the disconnection date.
The decommissioning of copper services may impact your:
- Phone system and phone lines
- Internet service
- Alarm system
- EFTPOS terminal
- Distress alarm
- Lift phone
- Fax machine
But it certainly isn’t bad news. It is likely to be the perfect time to review your current communication requirements and costs. Many businesses are overpaying for calls or not achieving the level of communication and collaboration that modern organisations demand.
For businesses, transferring services can take some time and coordination, so it is important you do not leave it to the last minute. Working with TechPath will enable you to identify which services will be impacted, review your current and future business requirements, and create a plan for a smooth transition.
The key benefits for using modern communications with TechPath are:
- High speed internet (enabling cloud application access)
- One single provider for all your IT, internet and communication needs
- Number portability (move or answer your phones from any location)
- Increased internet reliability
- Significantly reduce costs (both up front and running costs)
- New features (voice mail to email, IVR, call recording, unlimited lines, direct in dials, conference rooms, cordless)
- Collaborate between multiple office locations and with employees who work from home
- Simple to adjust extensions and phone system settings
- Track and monitor calls with reporting and statistics
- Fast and seamless changeover
To ensure you don’t experience any network disruptions, call TechPath to discuss your copper services transition today. Call 1300 033 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org